Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Books gone Movies: Pretty Little Liars


Okkk so technically not really a 'Book gone Movie', and more like a 'Book gone Tv Show' BUT it's so good and I just can't get over it I need to babble about it and omigod Toby Cavanaugh win.

Ahem.

I never read the books of PLL. I remember seeing the cover somewhere, but being me I told myself 'pff some girly story' without really reading the resume and only basing myself on the covers. BUT, as usually, my cousin got the better of me and she hooked me up to this suspense-filled-dramatic-yet-creepy-mystery show that is Pretty Little Liars. Ladies and Gentleman, the second T.V. show I watch in my life! The first one was Gossip Girl which I also before highly doubted I would ever read/watch/have anything to do with it.

I don't intend to read the books, now. I prefer the T.V. show and Toby Cavanaugh. Here's the blurb:

Aria, Emily, Spencer, Hanna and Alison have been best friends since the third grade. They go everywhere together, and think no one can come between them. If anyone is the ringleader of their group it is Alison, and the other girls cannot help but confide all their secrets to her. One night, during a sleepover, Alison goes missing. Her body is never found. The girls mourn her death, but move apart after time, assuming their secrets have disappeared with Alison too. One year later and Aria is having an affair with her teacher; Emily is questioning her sexuality; Hanna is a thief; and Spencer is flirting with her sister's fiance. They all think their secrets are safe, until they start receiving messages from a mysterious A - - who knows exactly what they are all up to, and is threatening to spill the beans....

I really love this series. Its got suspense, mystery, and very entertaining characters and it really makes you want to know who is A and all. I recommend it to Gossip Girl lovers, since the concept is quite similar, but PLL has a scarier touch to it. It's very dramatic.

I just can't wait for episode 7. What happens to Emily omigod?? D8

Go watch on Much Music, 8pm ET each Tuesday. 8D

-Beryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

And now, the words are yours!